Each year the Twins Days Festival Committee provides this scholarship to an individual that has made notable contributions to their community.
The Twins Days Andrew R. Miller Memorial Scholarship has been established to honor the man who was dedicated to his community and who was instrumental to the history and growth of the Twins Days Festival. In addition to giving to his community by serving on local boards, commissions and councils, Andy’s dedication, hard work and the foundation he provided have enabled the Twins Days Festival to grow for over 40 years. Andy recognized that the Twins Days Festival was not only a way to celebrate twins and multiple births, but also to showcase the great community of Twinsburg, Ohio.
This non-renewable award of $1,500 will be presented each year to an individual that meets the requirements. If you are interested in applying please review the eligibility requirements, and complete and submit the application below.
• Twins or multiples that have been registered and attended three (3) of the last five (5) festivals (not counting this year) and are registered for the current year festival.
• Parents, siblings, and children of twins or multiples that have been registered and attended three (3) of the last five (5) festivals (not counting this year) and are registered for the current year festival.
• All residents of the City of Twinsburg and Twinsburg Township, Ohio.
• Recipient entering their 2nd, 3rd, 4th year of college, technical or trade school.*
• Recipient entering their 1st first year of college, technical or trade school after hiatus/gap period from graduating high school.**
• Recipient must be a citizen of the United States or its territories.
• Applications must be received by July 5th to be eligible.
* If you are a graduating high school senior you are NOT eligible.
**If you are a high school senior that took a year or more break after graduating high school, and are now planning on attending college, you ARE eligible.
The following must be submitted with this application:
• Proof of enrollment in post-secondary education at a college, technical or trade school.
• Two letters of recommendation from a teacher, neighbor, employer (no relatives).
• A short essay (300 words maximum) on How does the annual Twins Days Festival impact the local community in a positive way?