2019 Royal Court Application
The Twins Days Festival Committee is taking applications for The Royal Court. Please read the requirements and guidelines below carefully and fill form out completely. This application must be received June 20th to be considered. The selected applicants will be notified by the committee.
Guidelines and Requirements
Applicants must attend and participate in all of the following festival events:
- Friday night Welcome Wiener Roast and crowning ceremony (7:00 p.m.)
- Saturday Double Take Parade (9:00 a.m.) through the Saturday twins group photograph (3:00 p.m.)
- Sunday from noon through the twins group photograph (3:00 p.m.)
Additionally, Royal Court members are expected to greet festival attendees and spread cheer and good will as they do throughout both Saturday and Sunday Festival days. This includes posing for photographs with Festival attendees.
Additionally, Royal Court members are expected to attend the next years crowning ceremony on Friday evening. Also, applicants selected must make themselves available for media interviews if needed.
Applicants selected for the Royal Court will be notified by phone by the selection committee chairman and asked to confirm their understanding of and consent to these standards and rules. In the event a Royal Court member must back out of festival attendance due to illness or injury, the committee reserves the right to select a replacement set of twins for that position.
The application for Royal Court consists of 4 items after registering for this years festival:
- Twin Information
- A recent high-quality photograph of the set of twins
(If selected, these will be published in the souvenir program. PHOTOS ARE NOT RETURNABLE.)
- Twin Biography
- Twin Short Essays
Applications missing any part will not be considered by the committee. Essays will be judged
primarily on content (not spelling and grammar). Please keep a copy of your submitted application for future reference.
Biography and Essay Details
Below are details regarding twin biography and essay. Please write your responses for the following questions:
- 200 words or less total for both twins
- Tell us about yourselves, your education, present employment, or other interesting information.
Twin Short Essays
100 words or less per answer; Please answer EACH of the prompts.
- We are a special set of twins because…
- The best thing about being twins is…
- We come to the Twins Days Festival because…
- We are applying to be members of the Royal Court because…