2024 Royal Court Application
Every year* at the Twins Days Festival a Royal Court is crowned to preside over that year’s festival. This is an honor bestowed only on twins and is open to ALL sets of twins regardless of whether they are identical or fraternal.
Fraternal twin can be either male/male; female/female; or male/female
Identical twins can be male/male or female/female
There are some age restrictions:
- Kings and Queens must be aged 21 or over as of the festival date.
- Princes and Princesses must be over age 10 and under age 21 as of the festival date.
- Grand Marshals must be over age 10 and at least one of the set must reside in Twinsburg.
Show your twin pride and become goodwill ambassadors by applying for next year’s Royal Court. Applications will be accepted online beginning Fall of 2023. TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE ROYAL COURT OR GRAND MARSHALS, A SET OF TWINS MUST BE REGISTERED for the year for which they are applying! And…you must fully complete all areas of the application to be considered.
Please read the requirements and guidelines below carefully and complete the form in its entirety before submitting.
Royal Court Application is due May 31, 2024.
*There will be NO new Royal Court in 2025, as we will be celebrating all past Royal Courts and Grand Marshals to honor the Twins Days Festival’s 50th festival!
Guidelines and Requirements
- Festival Years Registered/Attended: To be eligible applicants must have attended 4 of the past 5 year’s festivals, not including the current year (these 4 years do not need to be consecutive).
- All essays must be completed and written by the twins themselves.
- Upload a high-resolution photo.
- Applications must be submitted to be considered (we cannot review pending applications).
- New applications must be submitted as we do not look at previous year’s applications.
The Royal Court will preside over the Twins Days Festival and will need to participate in the following events. Royal Court members may miss contest opportunities due to their attendance at required events.
- Friday Night Welcome Hot Dog Roast and crowning ceremony. (Arrive at 6:30 p.m. for the 7:00 p.m. ceremony).
- Saturday Double Take Parade (arrive at 8:00 a.m. for the 9:00 a.m. start) through the Saturday twins group photograph (3:00 p.m.).
- Sunday from noon through the twins group photograph (3:00 p.m.).
- Three one-hour long Royal Court Photo Ops for the Festival attendees (Saturday and Sunday).
- Royal Court members are expected to greet festival attendees and spread cheer and good will throughout both Saturday and Sunday festival days. This includes posing for photographs with festival attendees.
- Royal Court members are expected to attend the next year’s crowning ceremony on Friday evening.
- Royal Court members must make themselves available for media interviews if needed.
Additional Terms and Conditions
By completing and submitting the application form, you agree to the following terms & conditions:
I agree to participate at my own risk and cannot hold Twins Days, Inc., The City of Twinsburg, this event’s organizers, volunteers or sponsors responsible for any potential injury or damages that may result directly, or indirectly, from my participation. I also give free use of my photo in any printed or digital account of this event.
I do hereby irrevocably covenant, promise, and agree to indemnify Twins Days, Inc. and all its members and to hold them harmless from and against any and all losses, claims, expenses, suits, costs, demands, damages, or liabilities – joint or several – of whatever kind or nature which Twins Days, Inc. may sustain or to which they may become subject arising out of or relating in any way to the “loss” or damage. This agreement shall be in effect Friday, Saturday, and Sunday of the Twins Days Festival weekend and shall include without limitation in each case: attorney’s fees, costs, and expenses actually incurred in defending against and/or enforcing any such losses, claims, expenses, suites, damages, or liabilities.
Applicants selected for the Royal Court will be notified by phone by the selection committee chairman and asked to confirm their understanding of and consent to these standards and rules. In the event a Royal Court member must back out of festival attendance due to illness or injury, the committee reserves the right to select a replacement set of twins for that position.