Part of the fun at the Twins Days Festival is the twins contests. These contests are presented for fun and entertainment and are not judged scientifically.
In order to participate in the twins contest, you must be registered and wearing a current wristband and registration number. There are groups for every age and lots of seating for those wanting to watch the fun!
Please look carefully at the schedule for your age group and plan your attendance at the contests accordingly. And sometimes schedules change, so check back here for updates.
PLEASE SEE THE BACK OF THIS FORM FOR DETAILED RULES AND GUIDELINES.
We can’t all be winners of the contests, but by being a twin you are all winners!
* Group limited to 4 people max., including 2 sets of registered twins, 1 set of registered triplets, or 1 set of registered
quadruplets. Winners in Theme Outfit Group contests are not eligible to win in other Theme Outfit contests.
** Saturday ONLY. Twins eligible to win must be registered by pre-registration deadline.
TWINS CONTESTS RULES & GUIDELINES
Twins must be registered to participate in any contest. Entry for a contest may only be through the backstage ramp when called by the contest stage manager. You must be wearing a current wristband and registration number to be admitted to the stage.
- Contest times are approximate and are subject to change. Please be in the general vicinity of the contests at least 10 minutes prior to your contest time. You must be present at the start of the contest to participate. Once judging has begun, no late entries will be allowed. Admittance is at the sole discretion of the stage manager or contest chairperson(s).
- The contests are limited to the twins/multiples who are registered. Your children cannot be part of your costume. For twins aged 4 and under, one parent or guardian may accompany them on stage if necessary. Admittance of family members is at sole discretion of the stage manager or contest chairperson(s).
- Contestants may be asked to present a driver license, passport, birth certificate or other form of identification for specific contests and are at the discretion of the judges and/or contest chairperson(s). Please bring these items with you to the contests.
- Contestants participating in the Farthest Within and Farthest Outside the U.S. are to pre-register
to be eligible for these contests. Contestants receiving recognition will be contacted prior to the festival. These contests are Saturday ONLY (no recognition on Sunday).
- Saturday contest winners cannot participate in the same contest(s) on Sunday.
FOR THEMED OUTFIT CONTESTS
- No wheeled carts, vehicles or large oversized props of any kind are permitted on the stage as part of the outfit/costumes. We also ask that all strollers be left behind the stage in the designated area for ALL contests. This is for the safety of the contestants and judges as much as it is about the space limitations of the stage. Contestants must be able to enter and exit the stage without assistance (unless physically handicapped or due to age).
- All outfit/costume parts must be worn, carried or on your body. No signs or banners please.
- No firearms of any kind (real or fake) are allowed as part of the costume. All other weapons must be either costume or foam-tipped.
- Outfits/Costumes must be no larger than 3 feet wide x 3 feet long x 7 feet tall. A taped-off square will be available to check your dimensions before entering the stage. Admittance restrictions due to size are at the sole discretion of the stage/contest chairperson(s). See FIG A
- Theme Outfit Group size is limited to a maximum of four people. This includes two sets of registered twins, one set of registered triplets, our one set of registered quadruplets. Winners in Theme Outfit Group contest are not eligible to win in other Theme Outfit contests.
- These contests are presented for fun and entertainment and are not judged scientifically. However, for the outfit contests, judges are encouraged to focus on:
- Connection to theme of current year.
- Originality (different from other outfits/costumes)
- Workmanship/Detail (including make-up if needed) if outfits/costumes appear hand-made.
- Presentation/Overall Wow Factor